Betterful is about helping your charity make a greater impact.
Betterful is about helping your charity
make a greater impact.
What is Betterful?
Betterful is a pro bono initiative from Ottawa-based creative agency McMillan.
We created Betterful with one goal in mind: to help you represent your charity or not-for-profit organization to the world with clarity and confidence. Yep, we’re talking a new, re-energized brand. And we’ll do it for free. Nada. No cost. Gratuit.
If your organization is selected, our team will work alongside yours to spruce up your image. We’ll help you determine:
What you say
What you’re called
What you look like
What happens next
In short, we’ll do what it takes to help you build the brand that your charity or not-for-profit organization deserves—at no cost to you.
You do good. We’ll help you do good better.
Why are we doing this?
Betterful is McMillan’s way of giving back to the community.
We love the work we do, and we feel proud when our effort helps big global companies make a good impression on customers. But there’s an extra-special kind of pride that comes from applying that effort right here at home, to help a local organization succeed.
A Betterful success story.
Introducing Being (formerly H’Art of Ottawa)—one of Ottawa’s most cherished arts organizations. They were the first to benefit from the Betterful initiative. We gave them an engaging new name, visual identity, and brand story—a story that fully voices the studio’s unique mission to nurture and champion creative expression from artists and writers with developmental disabilities.
Get the lowdown on applying to Betterful
BETTERFUL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By entering this contest (the “Contest”), entrants represent and warrant that they have read, fully understand and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of Gordon B. McMillan and Associates Inc. (“McMillan”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- Each Contest entrant must be either: (i) a charity duly registered with the Canada Revenue Agency; or (ii) a not-for-profit organization, in either case with its head office located within the City of Ottawa.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. To enter, qualified organizations must provide the required information, as well as a 2–3 minute smartphone video introducing their organization and explaining how the organization would benefit from a rebranding exercise. The submission must clearly confirm that it is being made with the support of the board of directors of the organization. Submissions can be made at the Contest website located at betterful.mcmillan.com, and must be received by no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, December 1, 2017. McMillan reserves the right to extend the Contest deadline.
- Only one (1) Contest submission is permitted per organization. Any subsequent submissions from the same organization will be disregarded. Submissions must not contain defamatory statements, vulgar imagery or information, or fraudulent or untrue information. McMillan reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to publish some or all Contest submissions on the Contest website and to utilize submissions in other marketing and promotional activities, without the further consent of the submitting organization and without compensation.
- Your participation in the Contest will only be permitted where such participation is legal and not prohibited. McMillan makes no representations or warranties, implicit or explicit, as to your legal right to participate in the Contest.
- There is one prize available to be won in the Contest, being up to One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000.00) worth of McMillan services (based upon McMillan’s normal billing rates) in conjunction with a rebranding of the winning organization (the “Prize”). The Prize services will vary depending on the particular needs of the winning organization, but may include strategic messaging, naming, visual identity and brand activation plan. The Prize does not include any third-party costs or expenses associated with implementation of the rebranding strategy developed by McMillan (including but not limited to media relations, press proofs, licensing of intellectual property rights and associated legal fees). Any such costs or expenses will be incurred by the winning organization at its own expense and in its own discretion.
- The Prize will be awarded to the eligible entrant demonstrating the highest degree of commitment, enthusiasm and suitability for a rebrand, as determined by McMillan in its sole discretion. McMillan’s decision shall be final and binding.
- The winning organization will be chosen by McMillan on January 15, 2018, and will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
- The winning organization must enter into a services agreement with McMillan, in the form prepared by McMillan, which will govern the twelve (12) month rebranding project and the services to be provided by McMillan in association therewith. The services agreement will address all matters pertaining to the rebranding project, including the scope of pro bono work to be provided, requirements of the organization, and feedback and approval processes. If the chosen organization fails to enter into the services agreement within two (2) weeks of being chosen as the winner, such organization shall forfeit any right to the Prize and McMillan may at its discretion choose an alternate winner.
- The odds of winning the Prize will depend on the total number of eligible submissions received.
- McMillan shall not be responsible for any late, delayed, misdirected, lost or incomplete Contest submissions.
- Transfer or substitution of the Prize is not permitted.
- McMillan reserves the right to publish the identity of the winning organization on its website and in other marketing efforts. McMillan further reserves the right to publish periodic information regarding the status of the project, including early sketches, recorded brainstorming sessions, client-agency interviews, etc. The winning organization must consent to McMillan’s use of the foregoing without further compensation.
- Contest submissions will be disqualified and any prize will be forfeited, at the sole discretion of McMillan, for non-compliance with these Rules.
- McMillan (which shall include its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, affiliates, contractors and agents) is not responsible for, shall not be liable for, and you hereby forever release it from claims pertaining to: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible Contest submissions; (ii) telephone, electronic, mail, hardware, or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; (iii) errors in transmission; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of McMillan that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the Prize or resulting from acceptance or participation in the events contemplated by the Prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
- This Contest is governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario. By entering this Contest, you are hereby attorning to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario.
- McMillan reserves the right to modify, terminate or extend the Contest in its sole and unfettered discretion by posting notice of same on its website.
Got a question about Betterful?
Let’s do something about that!
Send a note to email@example.com and we’ll reply in a jiffy.